Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rosemary's Baby - Ira Levin

Paperback, 308 pages
Published September 1st 1997 by Signet (first published 1967) 
 
 Rosemary and Guy Woodhouse, an ordinary young couple, settle into a New York City apartment, unaware that the elderly neighbors and their bizarre group of friends have taken a disturbing interest in them. But by the time Rosemary discovers the horrifying truth, it may be far too late!
 
I had watched the movie years ago, and was afraid that knowing the ending might ruin the book for me in some way, but I found it to be quite an enjoyable, quick read.  I appreciated the atmospheric, subtly building nightmare for the main character, instead of being hit in the beginning with in your face gore and scare tactics used in so many of the modern horror fiction books I've read.  A great, classic horror story to get me in the mood for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment