Friday, January 24, 2014

ZORRO GETS AN OUTFIT by Carter Goodrich

Hardcover, 48 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 


What an adorable book!  My son and I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Zorro and his friend, Mister Bud, are excited to go for a walk to play in the park, that is, until Zorro is forced to wear his new outfit.  He is clearly unhappy about this, and completely embarrassed to be seen in public, especially when the other dogs, and even a cat, make fun of him.  Nothing Mister Bud does will cheer his little friend up, until they meet another dog.  A fast dog who can do amazing tricks, and who was wearing an outfit of his own!  The new dog turns Zorro's day around with the words, "Hey, cool outfit!  Let's race!"

Not only is this a cute story, but I also think it subtly teaches children that it's okay to be different, and that being nice to others can make their day.  I also loved how the illustrations really portray the range of the dog's emotions.  I especially love the picture of the 3 dogs racing and having fun.  It cracks me up every time I see it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment