Monday, July 27, 2015

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo






 













The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing                by Marie Kondo

Hardcover: 224 pages  October 14, 2014
Publisher: Ten Speed Press (October 14, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1607747308

This #1 New York Times best-selling guide to decluttering your home from Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes readers step-by-step through her revolutionary KonMari Method for simplifying, organizing, and storing.

My thoughts:
I noticed the book repeated the phrase "Does it give you joy?". She suggested you pick up every item and asked yourself that question. I felt a little brainwashed when I finished reading the book. 
The author did offer a few tips that would be helpful to the person getting overwhelmed with clutter but I wouldn't say it offered the best ideas.  I seem to be going against the flow of the highly acclaimed ideas but to each his own.  This may well have worked for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment